Friday, September 21, 2012

Emmy's Are This Sunday

I don't feel like doing predictions because the Emmy's are very random due to their submitted tape system.  That aside, there are a few reasons to tune in to the show this year.

+Believe it or not, this could be the first time Julianne Moore wins a major award.  It's very hard to believe, but we've never seen an acceptance speech from her.  This is probably the closest she's come to a win since her Far From Heaven days, and her performance in Game Change is predicted to take home the Emmy.  Should be interesting. 

+Will Amy Poehler and her fellow Lead Actress in a Comedy nominees pull off a stunt like they did last year?  I'm wishing and hoping.

+Nicole Kidman will be there as a nominee.  Will she get closer to EGOT?

+Kathryn Joosten is nominated in supporting after winning twice for guest on Desperate Housewives.  I just discovered this video of her talking about the cast and, like, HOLY FUCKING WOW.  She really did not give a shit toward the end of her life and just let loose.  Good on her.  Nothing she says is shocking, except for maybe Teri Hatcher being the nicest.  I guess I figured it would be Felicity.  No one will be surprised that Nicolette Sheridan was a giant bitch.  I kind of figured once the show ended there would be a shitstorm about "what really happened" over the show's eight year run, but most everyone has remained mum.  So, if Kathryn does win, I wonder how hard it'll be for the show's cast members to stretch a smile through their botoxed faces after the stuff she says.  Again, good on her. 

+I guess I'm most rooting for Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader.  Like I've said about this award show, it feels most of the time like the winners are drawn from a hat.  Still upset over no love for Happy Endings.   Probably my favorite show of the past year. 








"You look like Keri Russell after she ruined Felicity." Seriously, Emmy's???

No comments: