Thursday, March 7, 2024

If I Picked the Winners...

 (I only make my picks in categories where I've seen every nominee.)

Visual Effects: Godzilla Minus One
While I think The Creator's effects are overall better, I just can't help but root for this.

Sound: The Zone of Interest
It would be an entirely different film with a different sound design. 

Song: "What Was I Made For? - Barbie
Would love to have voted for "Dance the Night", but alas...

Makeup and Hairstyling: Poor Things

Production Design: Poor Things

Costume Design: Poor Things

Original Score: Poor Things

Cinematography: Poor Things

Film Editing: Oppenheimer

(Thanks to Neon for not releasing Robot Dreams until MAY - ?!?!?! - so I can't do Animated Feature.)

Adapted Screenplay: The Zone of Interest

Original Screenplay: Past Lives

Supporting Actor (ranked):
1. Ruffalo
2. De Niro
3. Gosling
4. Downey Jr
5. Brown

Supporting Actress:
1. Randolph
2. Foster
3. Brooks
4. Blunt
5. Ferrera

Leading Actor: 
1. Giamatti
2. Murphy
3. Wright
4. Domingo
5. Cooper

Leading Actress:
1. Hüller
2. Stone
3. Gladstone
4. Mulligan
5. Bening

Directing: I think I might actually vote for Nolan. If only because I find his haters just as insufferable as his fans. 

Best Picture - My Personal Ranking:
1. Past Lives
2. Poor Things
3. The Zone of Interest
4. The Holdovers
5. Oppenheimer
6. Killers of the Flower Moon
7. Anatomy of a Fall
8. Barbie
9. American Fiction
10. Maestro

No comments: