Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The People Responsible For This Year's Horrible Oscar Show Have Been Rehired to Do Next Year's Show!

I don't even.

I just.

I can't.

Like.

Ugh.

From Hollywood Reporter:

But Hawk explained in a statement, "Craig and Neil have the overwhelming support of the Academy governors to produce the Oscars again in 2014. In order to establish continuity with this year's enormously successful show, we felt it was important to give these consummate professionals the green light now to begin creating another great evening."
While MacFarlane's hosting drew criticism from some quarters for choices like his "Boob Song," the February broadcast enjoyed a ratings bump. The show, which drew upon movie musicals from the past decade as an overall theme, attracted an average 40.3 million total viewers and delivered a 13.0 rating among adults 18-49. Its audience was up three percent from the previous year and grew by 11 percent among adults 18-49.
 
When I read this news, I immediately thought I had time traveled back to April 1.  I had to, right?  This wasn't Hollywood Reporter, it was The Onion, right?  Please tell me I'm right. 

Honestly, WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. WRONG. WITH. THE. ACADEMY?

AMPAS is having some kind of member meeting in early May (I believe) to have a discussion about the future of the Academy.  Whatever that means.  Most likely it will probably be to get feedback about the number of Best Picture nominees.  I was going to do a lengthy blog entry about how to fix the Oscars right before they had their meeting.  Now, I always hated those articles that popped up the day after the Oscars about what to do to fix them.  After the past several years, I fully understand why they exist.  Given my extensive love of this show, I thought I'd throw in my two cents to the delight of my 2.7 loyal blog viewers.  I still am going to, but I feel it really doesn't matter.  We're going to get another awful show.  We're going to get a musical number celebrating the one year anniversary of this year's musical number.  We're going to get more Jaws music cutting people off played by an orchestra that's 10 miles way.  And yes, I hope you're ready.  "We saw your pubes."

What needs to happen now is the Academy needs to have a Best Picture lineup composed entirely of films that made less than $10m. 

It must be said:  Fuck the people responsible for this decision. 

If Tina and Amy are back at the Globes, then they will officially surpass the Oscars to me. 

No comments: