Sunday, January 27, 2013

SAG WINNERS!

It's not that shocking, Marion and Naomi.  Poor Jessica.


MOTION PICTURE ENSEMBLE: ARGO
MALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE: DANIEL DAY-LEWIS - LINCOLN
FEMALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE: JENNIFER LAWRENCE - SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
MALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: TOMMY LEE JONES - LINCOLN
FEMALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: ANNE HATHAWAY - LES MISERABLES

TELEVISION:
ENSEMBLE (DRAMA): DOWNTON ABBEY
MALE ACTOR (DRAMA): BRYAN CRANSTON - BREAKING BAD
FEMALE ACTOR (DRAMA): CLAIRE DANES - HOMELAND
ENSEMBLE (COMEDY/MUSICAL): MODERN FAMILY
MALE ACTOR (COMEDY/MUSICAL): ALEC BALDWIN - 30 ROCK
FEMALE ACTOR (COMEDY/MUSICAL): TINA FEY - 30 ROCK
MALE ACTOR - TV MOVIE/MINISERIES: KEVIN COSTNER - HATFIELD AND MCCOYS
FEMALE ACTOR - TV MOVIE/MINISERIES: JULIANNE MOORE - GAME CHANGE

All in all, this was actually a decent SAG awards.  These are always boring, and tonight moved along at a nice pace.  I thought all the speeches were good, glad humor-free Tommy Lee Jones wasn't there to make everyone else look even better.  No, I'm sure he'd deliver a good speech.  Speaking of that, I'm thinking Anne silenced some of her haters for a bit.  Cheers for that.  Her speech was much better here than at the Globes and she seemed less rehearsed.  Nice shoutout to The Dark Knight Rises.  Glad Jennifer is feeling better, but I was worried her dress was about to rip.  Tina Fey's speech was terrific too.  Loved the joke about knowing Amy Poehler since she was pregnant with Lena Dunham. 

Nothing too great (like, say, Meryl Streep's Price Is Right entrance a few years back), but it was all pretty pleasant.  I'm not really happy with Argo taking Ensemble, as I would probably rank it the least of the ensemble nominees. 

Anyone else notice that no one was eating their food?  Anytime they cut to a nominee, their full plate was just sitting there.  Food must have been bad.

Why was everyone wearing black?  Are they all sick?  I'll probably do a fashion post within a few days that will also cover the Globes.  Can't believe I still haven't made my list for that show, now two weeks old.  Too many pictures to go through.  I would like to mention a pretty awesome red carpet moment.  Gulianna of E! infamy was either finishing up an interview or just standing there when Marion Cotillard basically stormed up the stairs, stood next to her and very French-ly said "No, don't touch me! I'm sick!"  It was such a hilarious, almost tongue in cheek diva moment.  I look forward to someday recreating this if I'm ever famous. 

If that didn't complete my life, this sure as hell did.  I'm not even certain what part of the show it happened during, but this picture is everything I aspire to in life:  (sorry to whatever website originally posted it)

No comments: