Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thoughts on the Globes!

These are pretty good!!!!!!

So loudest scream from me this morning goes to TATIANA MASLANY GETTING NOMINATED!!!!  SOSOSOSOSO HAPPY FOR HER!  Can't wait to see her on the red carpet.

After that, I really didn't care too much about anything that happened.  And it was like the second name of the morning!

Not gonna lie, was a bit bummed about Orange Is the New Black missing Series.  And by "a bit", I mean a shitload.  But, the drama categories are unusually stacked. I guess Orange will explode next season.  They even "snubbed" Homeland, which has really fallen out of favor with just about everyone.  Ugh, stop putting American Horror Story in the miniseries/TV movie category.



Go Brooklyn 9-9.  I hope that wins both its categories!  I would die for a Samberg speech.  Weird that Parks finally got recognized considering the show has definitely seen better days.  Sad Veep missed series, but Julia is winning.  AND A DOUBLE NOMINEEE!!!!

Oh, and Monica Potter!!!!  I've only seen bits and pieces of Parenthood, but she was outstanding during her character's cancer battle. 

I've never seen House of Cards, but Corey Stoll is hot.  So there. 

(And why when announcing the nominations could no one pronounce the word COVEN????  Aziz was nervous, it was adorable.  Hey, Olivia Wilde saw 2 of her films get into Picture, so girl is no longer irrelevant.  I will stop making Olivia Wilde jokes from here on out.  She's in my good graces after a good performance in Drinking Buddies and finally appearing in some decent films.  Go girl!  We cool?)

And for film...

The big news of the morning!!!!!!!

NO OPRAH!!!!

NOPRAH!!! AND YOU DONT GET A GOLDEN GLOBE!  AND YOU DONT GET A GOLDEN GLOBE!! NO ONE GETS A GOLDEN GLOBE!!!

AND NO LANA DEL REY!!!! SO SAD ABOUT THAT!!!! ALL CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS SAD!!!!!

OMG ACTRESS - COMEDY/MUSICAL is pretty awesome!!!  DELPY!!! GERWIG!!! They really opted out of the starfucking and went with the indie girls.  Probably my favorite category of the morning, and I've only seen one of the nominees.  LOL.  Get that Globe, Amy Adams!

Oscar Isaac was on The Today Show and he was so adorable about his nom.  So was Lupita.  They were glowing.  Isaac might be my award season boyfriend?  I assume he'll end up performing at the Oscars if they do performances, which who knows. 

So American Hustle and 12 Years a Slave both got 7 noms.  Both are taking Picture in their respective categories.  I guess that means the Oscars will come down to them?  They've showed up everywhere they need to.  If Hustle ends up a big hit over Christmas, watch out.  We got a race on our hands.

My scores:

Picture/Drama: 3/5
Picture/Comedy-Musical: 4/5 (+alt)
Director: 3/5 (+alt)
Actor/Drama: 4/5 (+alt)
Actress/Drama: 4/5
Actor/Comedy: 5/5 (!!!!!)
Actress/Comedy: 4/5
Supp. Actor: 3/5
Supp. Actress: 4/5
Screenplay: 4/5
Animated: 2/3 (okay, no one told me that Wind Rises was ineligible here?)
Foreign Film: 4/5
Song: 4/5 (LANA!!!! NO!!!!!!)
Score: 3/5

51/68 (75%)

But still....



I literally CAN NOT wait for this show!

No comments: