Sunday, January 29, 2012

18th Screen Actors Guild Winners

Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture - THE HELP
Best Male Actor in a Leading Role - Jean Dujardin, The Artist
Best Female Actor in a Leading Role - Viola Davis, The Help
Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role - Christopher Plummer, Beginners
Best Female Actor in a Supporting Role - Octavia Spencer, The Help

Best Male Actor, Movie/Miniseries - Paul Giamatti, Too Big to Fail
Best Female Actor, Movie/Miniseries - Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce
Best Male Actor in a Drama Series - Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire
Best Female Actor in a Drama Series - Jessica Lange, American Horror Story
Best Male Actor in a Comedy Series - Alec Balwin, 30 Rock
Best Female Actor in a Comedy Series - Betty White, Hot in Cleveland
Best Ensemble in a Drama Series - Boardwalk Empire
Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series - Modern Family



Okay show. These are usually pretty dull, but this at least had a few moments of life. The cast of The Help were best dressed for the night, more on that later in the week. Surprise at no-show from Kate Winslet, gotta be a story there.

Random comments I made during the show:
+Not a fan of Armie Hammer's slickbacked hair. LOL @ him being an ass in the background during Meryl Streep postclip applause.
+The red carpet had some fun moments. I LOVED Jonah Hill calling Gulianna and E! on bashing him after he got nominated for an Oscar. It was funny watching G on E! try to backtrack and act like everything was cool. Kristen Wiig's impression of that family I do not speak of's matriach also had me howling. My mom thought it was funny too.
+The Mary Tyler Moore thing felt awkward? The audience clearly didn't know what to do when they gave a standing O as her clip package ran.
+Bridesmaids bit with SCORSESE was awesome. And I love that some people ran with it during the night. I'm not sure what to think of Kristen Wiig's choker and I wish Maya Rudolph would try to look pretty. Hopefully both clean up for the Oscars. Really didn't like Rose Byrne's pants/jumper thing. Ellie Kemper looked amazing though. Where was Wendi? Melissa looked good, though. Wished my boyfriend Chris O'Dowd was there. LOL I SAW GIL AND BRYNN.
+Dick Van Dyke comes out and my friend Brian said Shailene Woodley was probably thinking "I loved him in Warrior." LMAO!
+The Betty White love needs to end. Its ridiculous. Next year they'll give her an award for this year's speech.
+We had a lot of fun making fun of the Glenn Close - Jessica Lange - Meryl Streep secret rivalry. It would have been awesome to see Glenn lose to Meryl after losing to Jessica. He said when Jessica won, Berenice was like "I loved the costumes in her movie W/E." Busy Phillips: "Is that Madonna?"
+Kathy Bates needs to play Paula Deen in a movie.
+I love that Octavia Spencer brought Josh Hopkins. I have no idea why that makes me so happy.
+Tina Fey and John Krasinski were almost as funny as Amy Poehler and John Krasinski from a few years back.
+I wish the cast of The Office would realize their show hasn't been good in awhile. I wish the cast of Glee - except Naya Rivera - would go away.
+Emily Watson looked really unamused by everyone.
+Jane Krakowksi seemed really happy for everyone.
+Josh Charles is hot, and let me be blunt: probably has a nice dick.
+Natalie Portman takes herself so fucking seriously. Seriously. Girl, hang with the Bridesmaids or something.
+Somehow, the idea of someone thanking both Penelope Ann Miller AND Missi Pyle in their speech just fills me with joy?
+Shailene Woodley clearly just laughed at Clooney and declared him a 2-time loser. go girl!
+I would kill to hear the conversation Angelina and Tilda were having? Do you think they were just talking shit on everyone? Good times.
+We got a race in two acting categories. Thank god.

Scorsese.

No comments: