Wednesday, December 9, 2015

SAG REACTIONS - REGINA GEORGE RULES ALL

OMFG THESE ARE INSANE, Y'ALL??? LIKE WHAT?

So after Helen Mirren getting two noms, the biggest surprise was Rachel McAdams being the only Spotlight actor nominated outside of Ensemble. That's major. The Martian was also snubbed everywhere. No Stunt Ensemble, no Matt, no Ensemble. I really hope Trumbo doesn't become a thing. Also - SARAH SILVERMAN??? Michael Shannon isn't shocking. I guess screeners are really important for SAG as most of the acting nominees feel very small.

LOL - these really are crazy. That can't be stressed enough. I think just about everyone bombed their predictions.

This is shaping up to be a crazy season and I'm loving every minute of it.

Honestly, though. As far as movie nominees go, I wouldn't read too much into any of these. This set of noms really felt like the kind SAG used to do. I think it helps that there was a huge variety of great performances this year.

Something really sad about the film ensemble noms: out of 38 actors, only 6 are women.



As for TV, I can't really criticize them too much. Their TV noms are usually awful, but I'm very surprised Taraji didn't make it. I thought she would have a legitimate chance of winning. Rather easily, in fact. Go Ellie Kemper! And despite never seeing Mr. Robot, very happy for Rami Malek!

Oh, and congrats Nicole! I wonder if she'll even show up.

How I did:

Film Ensemble: 2/5
Leading Male: 4/5
Leading Female: 3/5
Supporting Male: 1/5 (+ alt)
Supporting Female: 4/5
14/25 = 56%

Miniseries - Male: 2/5
Miniseries - Female: 2/5
Comedy - Male: 5/5
Comedy - Female: 3/5
Comedy - Ensemble: 5/6 (again, this is why I do alts!)
Drama - Male: 3/5 (+ alt)
Drama - Female: 3/5
Drama - Ensemble: 4/5
27/41 = 65.9%

Overall: 41/66 = 61.2%

I did worse than my goal on TV, and way worse than expected in Film. I usually try for 80% in Film.

Fun morning.

No comments: