Thursday, February 28, 2013

Oscars - Best Dressed!

Love all the beards on the men, hopefully that trend continues.  Sadly, Affleck got rid of his after the show.  *insertJenniferGarnerjokehere*

Now, for worst dressed, I'm going to be nice and say that no one looked terrible.  I could say Kristen Stewart, but her overall look was very, well, Kristen Stewart.  I'll say the Worst Dressed of the night was all the men with long white hair.  There!  Happy?  I don't feel like picking on the ladies as they had a bad enough night.

Overall this season and prior to the Oscars, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Garner and Nicole Kidman were the consistently Best Dressed.  All three were terrific from the Critics Choice awards on.  I would say that neither wore their best on Oscar night.  I liked Naomi's most, but I go back and forth on the wave cutout.  Almost too cheeky given her film?  Nicole's looked good waist up, the bottom was a little too 70's Vegas.  Jennifer's - too bland in the front though I appreciated the back trying to make up.  Of course, she's not there too outshine her hubby. 

As for my Annie, it was very 1998.  Maybe it's too soon for late 90's nostalgia.  I liked the back more than the front.  I laughed myself silly when someone referred to it as Dior's Gunnar Hansen collection.  Yeah, Rachel Zoe was off her game this season. I think the Valentino she was supposed to wear was much better, but I'm sure she would've been attacked for it being too bridal.  I can see why she chose not to wear it, as it wouldn't have been fair to Amanda Seyfried. 

Shockingly honest admission: I look forward to the SAGs and Globes red carpet a little more because there's always more stars to anticipate.  I know they include TV people, still.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
AMY ADAMS - she finally got it together this season!  Maybe on her fifth nomination, she'll be among the best dressed at each show.  So proud!  Party dress was good, too. 

JANE FONDA - When she came out to present Director, I was like WOW MOVIE STAR!  Yes, kinda 80's, but I love it.

STACY KEIBLER - Stop being among the best dressed, damn it! 


#5 - SANDRA BULLOCK.  So, for four years in a row, Bullock is on this list.  Girl really got it together.

 
 
#4 - JESSICA CHASTAIN.  I would have this higher if someone hadn't described the color as "old lady bra" thus ruining it forever for me.  Thanks, person!  She seems to know how to dress for the Oscars, still hasn't figured out the rest. 
 
 
 
#3 - CHARLIZE THERON - Yes, kinda similar to Anne's Globe dress, but much much better.  Charlize can pull off anything.
 
 
 
#2 - HALLE BERRY - Initially, this was my #1.  I love love love this, mostly because I love silver art deco shit.  I know some don't care for it, but whatever.  Berry looks hot as balls, and I read a tweet on Monday that made me laugh really fucking hard:   "Halle berry is 47. When are we gonna stop saying she looks great and start saying, "what the fuck is going on, this is terrifying." -Jessi Klein.  Seriously.  



 
 
#1 - JENNIFER LAWRENCE - Yeah, hard to resist.  It's such a MOMENT! dress.  OMG.  Even her fall was, like, the most gorgeous thing of the night.  It's huge and insanely over the top, and the lady wearing it just oozes natural charm.  The perfect combo.  Bravo, honey.  Love the "backwards" necklace, too.
 
 
Here's her dress she changed into to party, also one of the best of the night:
 
 

No comments: