Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Golden Globe Random Thoughts!

The Golden Globe nominations were announced this morning by John Krasinski(-Blunt), Diane Kruger and Justin Timberlake. I did like Timberlake saying Krasinski would be having a good night due to his fiance's nom, but otherwise J-Tim just did his usual mugging for the camera. This really isn't the time to do that.

Up in the Air leads film nominations with 6. Glee leads TV with 4.

The following people are double acting nominees: Matt Damon, Sandra Bullock, Meryl Streep and Anna Paquin

My scores:
Film Drama - 5/5
Film Comedy/Musical - 4/5 (+ 2nd Alt)
Nailed em!

Director: 5/5

Screenplay: 2/5 (+2nd Alt)
I'm thinking District 9 can pull off an Oscar nom. It's Complicated and NAAAAANNNNCCCY have no chance in hell and is probably regarded as the worst nom of the morning.

Actor - Drama: 4/5
I thought Tobey was supporting. I think Renner will get in at the SAGs on Thursday, solidifying his Oscar prospects.

Actor - Comedy/Musical: 5/5
Nailed it.

Actress - Drama: 4/5 (+1st Alt)
Don't think Blunt's going anywhere. Most people I know say that the performance is nothing special at all, and these are people that really love her. She is, however, stealing Abbie Cornish's chances given they are both from the same studio.

Actress - Comedy/Musical: 4/5
I actually very much liked Julia and Duplicity so I don't have any problem with this. Most say this is the paradigm of Globes starfucking, but I'll let it pass.

Supporting Actor: 3/5 (+2nd Alt)
It's not hard to see why Damon got nominated here. Have you seen him in a rugby uniform?

Supporting Actress: 4/5 (+1st Alt)
I'm debating this. I think Harvey will switch Marion to supporting, thus knocking out Penelope. Moore seems safe, but I think Morton is just outside to knock someone out.

Animated Feature: 4/5 (+1st Alt)
Foreign Language Film: 3/5 (+1st Alt)
Score: 3/5
Song: 2/5 (+1st Alt & 2nd Alt)

All in all, I think I did well. And the drama category this year is far more deserving than last year with its abundance of bland period pieces. Whereas the comedy category last year was pretty awesome, this one is a little too mainstream and, well, not great. Good, but not great.

As for TV, ummm

AMY POEHLER??!?!??! WTF??!?!?!? I guess people just aren't watching. Go Jessica AND Drew! Go Jane Lynch! She better win. And congrats to an old Friend of mine, Courteney Cox for finally getting some award cred!

Wednesday night - SAG PREDIX
Thursday - SAG Noms & Commentary

No comments: