Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Random Thoughts: Golden Globes - Deal With It, Cate Blanchett

Thank you, Tracey Morgan! I want that on a bumper sticker!

Where to begin...

Red carpet:

LMAO - Brangelina snubbing Seacrest. Awesome. Now if only everyone else would do that. Drew Barrymore loves Anne Hathaway. I really think Drew was almost a parody of herself Sunday night. But I still love her. Sigourney Weaver loves "Single Ladies" and did the "put a ring on it!" in front of Beyonce when that NBC woman was interviewing them. Go Siggy! Don't remember much else from the coverage. Oh, and poor Maggie Gyllenhaal and Aaron Eckhart. I felt bad for them having to endure mics being shoved in their faces from vapid reporters asking them repeatedly WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HEATH BEING DEAD?

The Show:

+Jennifer Lopez refers to herself as "Mamma"?

+What a chatty group this year? Seriously, shut the fuck up.

+Angelina appears to have lost her "death stare" she has at the BFCAs.

+Kate Winslet wins an award! Yip yip. She gave a cliched speech the first time, but did better the second time. Don't read from papers when accepting awards, girl! She's been in love with Leo for 13 years. Join the club. She still has a husband, rigth? Love you, Winslet! Winslut4life.

+Sally Hawkins speech isn't much, but she's so overcome with emotion. I seriously thought she was going to puke or pass out. LOL - Emma Thompson asking if she wants help. Emma needs to be present at every award show. Funny lady. Sally needs to eat a burger. Poppy would not let her be so frail. I'm overjoyed Sally won, but I don't think anyone else was going to beat her.

+Colin Farrell - YIP! I'm so happy he won, too. Great performance. Colin loves love. I'd like to love on his love. Way to mention that you did cocaine, too.

+Speaking of, Oh DEAR GOD - RENEE ZELLWEGER. To think that at the start of the decade she was one of the most promising and successful actresses. Now look at her. EEK! I think she's done for. We'll always have 2000-2003.

+LAURA LINNEY AND LAURA DERN WON!!!!!! AGGGHHH! This really is the best part of the night for me. Seeing these two outstanding, amazing human beings finally get recognized. LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM.

+Poor Kate Beckinsale. I normally don't take pity on her, but having to put up with Sean Combs at the podium - poor thing. Does he know he gave the category the wrong name? How do you completely fuck up the name of the category you're presenting? BEST SOUNDTRACK???? REALLY?? If he attempts to conquer every world - and by conquer, I mean simply put out as much shit with his name on it as possible - you think he would know it was BEST SCORE and not BEST SOUNDTRACK? Kate had no idea how to handle him. Guess she drew the shortest straw. Poor thing.

+Ricky Gervais needs to be present at every award show. Nice way of referencing Kate's Extras episode.

+I love/hated the quick pan around the room after Heath won. Meryl-Tina-Piven-RDJ. Everyone looked so bummed. My heart was beating so fast when Demi came out to present it. I knew he would win. Glad he got a standing-o. Nolan is a classy, classy guy.

+Demi criticizing her daughter was oddly endearing? And DAMN! DEMI LOOKS GREAT!

+LOL - OK. DREW AGAIN. When Spielberg was accepting, I love the shots of Drew and Cameron both looking stoned. And I loved how Drew seemed to think she was the only one in the room with Steven. I really think it's best if we just live in her world with her. It's a much better place than this crapjoint. And wow, are her and Jessica Lange getting on great? Whodathunkit? Can't wait to see them in Grey Gardens!

+Slumdog - still haven't seen it. But I think all in all it is cool that the director of 28 Days Later and Trainspotting is finally getting his due.

+Kate has 2 Golden Globes. Yes, we saw Heavenly Creatures, Titanic and Jude so we knew this.

+Salma really loves Penelope. I wonder if Salma loves Penelope more than Kate loves Leo. I wonder if Leo would mind all those ladies loving on him?

+It's MILEY! Keep your tongue in your mouth, dumbass.

+Mickey Rourke has class! Who knew! Loved his speech and Darren flipping him the bird. I think Sean probably should've won, but when you say such nice things like Mickey did, it's hard for me to be mad.

+The room really loves Tina Fey too. Did you see how hard Eva Mendes and Penelope Cruz were laughing during her speech? Love you, Tina! Go 30 Rock and I'll reference the title of this blog post again. I can't some people didn't get that Morgan wasn't directly talking to Cate Blanchett. It was just, you know, a joke. Now I get why no one watched Arrested Development or Pushing Daisies. Stick to your According to Jim, dumbasses.

I think this was a surprisingly good Globes, which probably means the Oscars will suck. Such is life.


BEST DRESSED:
1. Kate Winslet
2. Jane Krakowski
3. Laura Linney
4. Beyonce
5. Amy Adams
6. Eva Longoria
7. Kristin Scott Thomas
8. Tina Fey
9. January Jones
10. Anne Hathaway

No comments: