Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Last House on the Left '09 Trailer

Hey, I can do stuff on here other than awards coverage!

Here's the trailer for the remake of Wes Craven's early 70's, The Last House on the Left. I don't remember how old I was when I saw the original. It was a probably a tween Darren. I found it to be sick and strange, but that video box called to me for months before I actually picked it up and checked it out. Remember video box covers? They were so cool, specially the horror section. Lots of twisted shit. DVD boxes just seem so bland in comparison. However, the film grew on me with time and learning that it was Wes Craven's reflection on Vietnam and the turbulence back in the day really adds something to the film. So, of course, there's a remake. I don't have a problem with this remake as very few of seen the original and it certainly isn't without its flaws. Kinda like Craven's own The Hills Have Eyes and its superior remake. Plus, this has a decent cast - Monica Potter, where have you been? - and I just love that creepy cover of "Sweet Child of Mine." Though I will admit I'm a little mad about the major plot change of the daughter (seemingly) surviving. But whatevs.

Check it out here.

No comments: