Monday, February 25, 2008

"Thank you life. Thank you love. It is true there is some angels in this city."



Cate Blanchett is the dog from No Country for Old Men.

Good show, great winners.

There was a severe lack of star power and glamour, mostly due to the lack of grace and innovation on the red carpet. It was like there was only 3-4 dresses, each just done in a different style. The best part of the red carpet had to be Gary Busey, Ryan Seacrest and Jennifer Garner. Wow, that was about the most awkward thing I've ever seen. Garner looked genuinely scared, Laura Linney couldn't give a shit less, Seacrest actually showed some manliness by practically throwing Busey away, but part of me really wanted to see Gary beat up Ryan. Ah well. What the hell were Heidi Klum and Seal doing there? And Josh Lucas? And Melora Hardin? Too many TV people, if you ask me. But they had a short time to put this show together. All is forgiven.

Stewart's monologue was not as sharp this time, but his bits during the show were amazing! This is what a great host does. He'll definitely be back a few times. (Though, I really miss Steve Martin.) And Stewart bringing Marketa back on stage to speak is going to win him some big fans.

"Star of the 2010 Untitled Nicole Kidman Project."

"Speaks four different languages and just earlier she taught me "I'm calling security" in all of them." LOL! But it should have been "Our next presenter is Penelope Cruz. She speaks four different langauges, not a single one of them being English." No, I love her. Sorta.

And howbout Cate Blanchett's face after the Elizabeth clip? Hilarious. Then, her excitedness when Marion won. She's so hormonal. LOL. Cate and I had the same face though when Marion won.

Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen were very fun. As were Anne and Steve.

Robert Boyle got the only standing ovation of the night. Though, to me, it really felt like Glen and Marketa were damned close. The crowd really loved that song, or perhaps they didn't want to see any more Enchanted-ness. Oh, and again, that Jon McLaughlin guy is HOT! Amy Adams needed a set. Adams is so adorable. Kristin Chenoweth was so not into it. She looked kinda stoned on the red carpet? Ruby Dee is really pretty for her age! I'm babbling! But seriuously, I think the crowd was more excited for Glen and Marketa than anything else the rest of the night. "Wow, that guy is so arrogant." I loved Marketa's facial expression when the music cut her off like "okay, sure, whatever, bye." Then, she came back and gave one of the best speeches of the night.

Josh Brolin and James McAvoy present together. Oh, to be between them.

"In case you're wondering what we do during the commercial breaks, we sit around making catty remarks about the outfits you all at home are wearing."

Jack will knock someoen up by the end of the night. "AND THE BABY GOES TO...."

Frances McDormand was so happy for the her hubby and his brother. She was crying. She's so cool!

The director of the show loves Laura Linney. They cut to her a lot. I was happy.

Katherine Heigl could really pull off a Hollywood ultraclassic glam look, but instead she looks like she got punched on both sides. Keri Russell looked good though and presented very well. Miley Cyrus - bleh.

Go Bourne! I wish Matt Damon and his incredible ass were there, too!

Oh, and when Stewart said "Gaydolph Titler" - Marion turned to whoever she was sitting with and said "Who is that?"

FASHION!

BEST DRESSED:

1. Jennifer Garner


2. Helen Mirren


3. Marion Cotillard


4. Laura Linney


5. Nicole Kidman




It was a really good show, I thought. I wish they'd let every winner speak. I wish E! and TV Guide channel would get DECENT people for the Red Carpet, but then Regis on the ABC show said Xavier for Javier. I know these people have a lot to remember. But their job is in the entertainment field, and to have Joey Fatone say Amy Ryan looks constipated or Ryan Seacrest repeatedly wiping his sweat toward the camera or Regis mispronounce something like that, well, it's pathetic. I wish Bravo or A&E would do red carpet coverage. I think they'd do it a bit better. E! should just get Joel from the Soup or Chelsea Handler to do it. They'd be awesome.


But let me close by saying this is about the strongest set of winners I've ever seen from the Oscars. Maybe the Strike gave people time to actually see the films?

No comments: