Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And the nominees are...

OMG - they don't actually suck???

(OMG - KATHY BATES!!!)

While it can make one frustratingly mad to ponder how exactly Jason Reitman got in for Juno over Joe Wright for Atonement, you know what, who cares?

When is the last time the two most acclaimed movies of the year went head to head in the Best Picture Oscar race?

Have I ever told you how much I adore Laura Linney?

Complete randomness:

Bourne got 3 nominations! Enchanted - 3 songs! LOL - will Amy Adams perform all of them? Norbit is an Oscar-nominated film! I knew Across the Universe would get in somewhere. I really don't care that I didn't do too great with my predix, because I'm happy there were a lot of deserving people nominated. It's terrific that Sarah Polley is now an Oscar nominee. They really didn't go for Into the Wild, surprising. Sean Penn is probably drunk already. VIGGO! SAOIRSE!!! Isn't it hilarious that Jennifer Aniston became an Acadedy member this year and Angelina isn't nominated? I really should've been more conservative with my Supp. Actor predix, but whatever, I'm fine.

I think the worst thing was Surf's Up over The Simpsons Movie??? Hasn't half the Academy done voicework on The Simpsons? I swear when I saw that I yelled "WHAT!" in a voice that was about 5 octives higher than my regular tone.

AND QUICK NOTE: I really think the Oscars WILL happen. Red carpet, celebs, montages, Jon Stewart, Blanchett and everything. And if they don't, well, I'll still have a party that has foods relating to the nominees! YIPPEE!

BIG SNUBS:
Into the Wild - no nom for Sean Penn.
Angelina - you know, I really think she isn't too well liked in Hollywood. She's estranged from her very famous father and apparently treats him like garbage and broke up a major marriage. Hollywood is obviously TEAM ANISTON!
Diving Bell for Picture!

BIG SURPRISES:
TLJ for Elah, not No Country.
LAURA LINNEY!
Jason Reitman? WTF?

AND HOLY FUCK I GOT A NO GUTS - NO GLORY RIGHT!!!!

OMG LAURA LINNEY!


THE COMPLETE LIST OF NOMINEES


THE BIG 8:

BEST PICTURE:
ATONEMENT
JUNO
MICHAEL CLAYTON
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
THERE WILL BE BLOOD

BEST DIRECTING:
JULIAN SCHNABEL - THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY
JASON REITMAN - JUNO
TONY GILROY - MICHAEL CLAYTON
ETHAN COEN AND JOEL COEN - NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON - THERE WILL BE BLOOD

BEST ACTOR:
GEORGE CLOONEY - MICHAEL CLAYTON
DANIEL DAY-LEWIS - THERE WILL BE BLOOD
JOHNNY DEPP - SWEENEY TODD
TOMMY LEE JONES - IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH
VIGGO MORTENSEN - EASTERN PROMISES

BEST ACTRESS:
CATE BLANCHETT - ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE
JULIE CHRISTIE - AWAY FROM HER
MARION COTILLARD - LA VIE EN ROSE
LAURA LINNEY - THE SAVAGES
ELLEN PAGE - JUNO

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
CASEY AFFLECK - THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD
JAVIER BARDEM - NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN - CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR
HAL HOLBROOK - INTO THE WILD
TOM WILKINSON - MICHAEL CLAYTON

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
CATE BLANCHETT - I'M NOT THERE
RUBY DEE - AMERICAN GANGSTER
SAOIRSE RONAN - ATONEMENT
AMY RYAN - GONE BABY GONE
TILDA SWINTON - MICHAEL CLAYTON

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY:
JUNO
LARS AND THE REAL GIRL
MICHAEL CLAYTON
RATATOUILLE
THE SAVAGES

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY:
ATONEMENT
AWAY FROM HER
THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
THERE WILL BE BLOOD

No comments: