Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Again....

Okay, so I've just left this sit here for a few months with little updating. Well, I definitely need a creative outlet for my take on award season. It's late November and the season is here. So, till the end of February, I'll be posting my thoughts on the award winners, predictions, reviews, blah blah blah, and of course RED CARPET PICS!!!!! Anywho, I have yet to make a formal list of predictions for the Oscars because the season seems just so crazy. In each category, there seems to be 2-3 films destined to be nominated, followed by a dozen (if not more) names vying for the remaining slots. My fellow Oscarwatchers seem to have made this a year in which everything is being overly dissected, torn down. It's all about a film/person not being nominated because the film is too divisive, won't appeal to older audiences, won't appeal to hipsters, won't have enough support, is too mainstream, is too different, is too light, is too heavy, isn't a big enough hit, came out too early, is coming out too late, is a name no one knows, is a man in drag, is a woman with too much botox, didn't get good responses during Academy screenings (I mean, this major producer sat in front of me and look pissed so it's SERIOUSLY not getting nominated), is always snubbed, is always nominated, has too small screentime, is in the wrong category, is from a studio that doesn't know how to campaign, is from a studio that is campaigning for other films..... You get the picture. Come an early January morning, no matter these hindrences, there will be 5 Best Picture nominees and around 25 names in the acting and directing categories.

I'll just toss out 5 Best Picture predictions just for fun:

Atonement - Into the Wild - Juno - No Country for Old Men - There Will Be Blood

And regarding the actors, I think you'll hear most of these names:

Javier Bardem
Cate Blanchett
Marion Cottilard
Daniel Day Lewis
Saoirese Ronan

I'll post Globe predictions before the nominations are announced, and I'll probably only make 2 formal Oscar Predictions lists - one post-Globes, one pre-Oscar nominations.

No comments: