Friday, July 2, 2010

I got my wish.

Several weeks ago, when the first whispers of a rumored cast for Scream 4 came about, I said I would like to see Community's Alison Brie in the film.

It's happening.



Brie, along with Oscar-nominee Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Gallactica, Donnie Darko, Dances With Wolves) are the latest - and probably last - major cast members to be announced for the film. Now, as for the opening "death cameo", we still have no idea.

So that makes the cast...

Anthony Anderson, David Arquette, Alison Brie, Adam Brody, Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, Rory Culkin, Marielle Jaffe, Erik Knudsen, Mary McDonnell, Hayden Panettiere, Emma Roberts, Marley Shelton, Nico Tortorella.

This is a solid cast, me thinks. Regarding the internet rumors of massive rewrites happening, new writers being hired, and the cast changes, I'll say that a similar thing happened when Scream 3 was filming. Some were true, most weren't. Let's at least hope the production isn't as hellish as the last Craven-Williamson combo: Cursed. Barring any major casting updates, this will probably be my last post regarding the production of the film. I'm waiting for some stills and trailers.

And as for Miss Brie, she'll be a subject in my upcoming blog post pertaining to the Emmy noms and who/what I'd like to see nominated. Stay tuned....

No comments: